The Lighthouse Child Advocacy Center exists to change those numbers and lead the fight against the cycle of child abuse through a stronger, more approachable model. And over the past year, we’ve made significant progress by providing 58 forensic interviews, numerous referrals to medical exams, and therapy to children in our community.
2019 THE LIGHTHOUSE CAC
BY THE NUMBERS
Who We Serve
- 87% of victims knew their abuser. Abuse is a crime of secrecy.
- 69% of cases reported were sexual abuse allegations
How Many Served
- The Lighthouse Child Advocacy Center served 63 children
- The Lighthouse Child Advocacy Center is seeing more cases than in 2018. Because our model works, more children are coming to our CAC.
What We Provided
- 63 forensic interviews
- 19 children received referrals to therapy
- 4 children received referrals to receive a medical exam
What Caregivers Are Saying
- 100% agreed that their child felt safe at the CAC.
- 100% said if they knew anyone else with a situation like their family was facing, they would tell that person about the CAC.
How This Benefits Our Community
- The CAC model saved taxpayers in our community $71,190 in investigative expenses this year.
2019 WEST VIRGINIA
BY THE NUMBERS
Help Us Help Children Heal.
In order to continue helping children in our community begin their path to healing from abuse, we need your help.
Every dollar you donate will go directly back to supporting children here in our local community — helping promote justice for them, connecting them to healing services, and ending the cycle of abuse.